The best ayurvedic immune boosters
What can you do from an Ayurvedic point of view to strengthen your immune system right now? Here are the best preventive Ayurvedic measures that you can easily do during the day:
- Gandusha mornings after getting up: tongue cleaning and mouthwashing with sesame or olive oil.
Instruction: First clean your tongue with a tongue scraper. Then take a tablespoon of cold-pressed, matured sesame oil (alternative: olive or coconut oil) in your mouth and slowly pull it between your teeth. After about 5 minutes, spit the oil out again. Then you can put a second spoon of oil into your mouth to gargle, which is particularly beneficial for throat and tonsils. Then rinse your mouth well with warm water and brush your teeth.
- Then mix and gargel with 150 ml of lukewarm water, ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp tumeric
- Eat 3 to 5 pieces of fresh or dried Amalaki fruit for breakfast. Alternatively you can take 1 teaspoon of Amalaki fruit puree (Chyavanprash) twice daily, ideally one hour before bedtime.
- Turmeric can be taken at any time during the day: mix ½ teaspoon with a pinch of pepper in hot water, let cool slightly and drink in sips.
- For relaxation in the evening, self-massage.
Instructions: Massage warmed almond oil into the skin with rythmicly flowing and stroking movements. You activate your metabolism by stoking gainst the direction of hair growth, thus stimulating your Pitta and reducing the inertia of the excess Kapha. When you gently apply the oil with the direction of hair growth, you dreate a very calming effect on your body, thus balancing restless Vata. Then take a lukewarm shower or take a bath. Foot massages with ghee also help to relax.
- Pranayama (breathing meditation): deep, conscious breathing, in the morning and in the evening, 5 to 10 minutes. Instructions: Sit upright and close your eyes. Place both hands loosely on your thighs.
Instructions: Step 1 (breath control): focus your awareness on inhalation and exhalation and breathe deep into the abdomen. Step 2 (Immersion in self meditation): consciously extend the exhalation and exhale deeper than usual. The breath control in both steps should be completely free and effortless, and be comfortable for the individual. Allow and be aware of positive and negative emotional and physical sensations. Pay attention to these feelings and be consciously aware of yourself.
- Stabilize your daily routine with eating, getting up and going to bed at regular times.
- Do Laughter Yoga with your family to promote your mental health.
- Single persons or those with children can draw and color mandalas.
- Drink a ginger aperitif prior to each meal for 1 week or longer: peel about 1 ½ cm of fresh ginger and cut it into fine pieces. Add 1 tsp. each of fresh lemon juice and honey. Mix well with 30 ml of warm water and then drink.