Careful preparation in autumn is vital to enable the body to build up its own defences and strengthen its immune system for the winter.
In the teachings of Ayurveda, a good digestive fire (Agni) plays a decisive role in this. For this reason, you should now reduce eating raw vegetables, eating late in the evening, or eating if you do not feel hungry, otherwise the Agni becomes weakened and waste products (Ama) are formed from the undigested foods.
Not only does this cause tiredness, but also makes us more prone to suffering from colds, rhinitis and flu. To ensure a healthy digestive system throughout the autumn, eat mainly boiled and steamed foods, drink hot beverages such as hot water or ginger-infused water. Easily digestible dishes support your body’s natural defences, strengthen its ability for regeneration and provide you with more energy during the cold season.
Strengthening your immune fitness for the autumn
20-30 minutes a day practicing a few Ayurvedic routines is all it takes to strengthen yourself and boost your health and physical fitness. We have compiled the following tips especially for you:
- Tongue cleaning and mouthwash with sesame oil or a special Gandusha oil first thing in the morning, directly after getting up (3-5 minutes).
- Self-massage before your morning shower: head, shoulder, neck or complete body massage with sesame oil (Vata types), with olive oil or Ghee (Pitta types), with silk gloves (Kapha types) – (10-20 minutes).
- Mornings: 1 cup of Kapha tea or 1 glass of lemon water with 1 teaspoon of honey added (1-2 minutes).
- Eat your main meal at midday, eat regular hot meals and without haste. You can find recipes here >>
- Stabilise your daily routine by keeping to set times for meals, getting up and going to bed.
Wishing you a healthy autumn time!
You can find sesam and Dosha oils, Ghee, Gandusha oil and silk gloves as well as a tongue scraper and different tea sorts in our Ayurveda online shop >>