In the past two decades, Europe has established itself as a top provider of Ayurveda cures and is therefore in direct competition with the countries of their origin India and Sri Lanka. But where is it better to do a Panchakarma cure? We have compiled the most important differences for you to consider:
Advantages of India and Sri Lanka
- Traditional Ayurvedic practitioners are experienced and hold academic degrees; there are precise training guidelines to become an Ayurveda doctor and for state-certified therapists.
- A large variety of medicinal herbs and plants grow throughout 4 climate zones; some of the preparations are made on site using plants from their own gardens.
- Ayurveda is supported by the government.
- Warm climate and exotic flair.
- Beautiful scenic surroundings (Tourist activities and swimming in the sea should, however, be avoided during and after the treatment in order to ensure its success; one can also be very weakened by the treatment.)
- India’s atmosphere, climate and lived spirituality can affect the cure positively.
- Time-consuming and personnel-intensive Ayurveda cures are cheaper in South Asia due to the significantly lower cost of wages.
Advantages of Europe
- The familiar hygiene standards of German hotels.
- Qualities of Ayurvedic preparations are tested.
- The mostly local and fresh ingredients of the food support the quick success of the cure and offer long-term nutrition concepts that can also be implemented at home.
- No differences in time and climate zones to become accustomed to.
- The low mountain range climate of Germany is “Tri-Dosha” and very balanced. The west coast climate of India with air conditioners, fans, movement of the sea can increase the typical Europeans’ Dosha imbalances of Pitta and Vata.
- Short arrival times.
- For beginners, trial stays are easier to organize and cheaper.
- No adaptation to the Asian culture necessary.
- Using the same language with Ayurvedic practitioners and experts gives you the necessary security and knowledge base.
So, what are the advantages of a cure at the Ayurveda Parkschlösschen?
Awarded 5 stars for its Ayurveda concept, the Ayurveda Parkschlösschen offers exclusively authentic Ayurveda with all programmes, treatments, nutrition, yoga & mediation and exercise. It is located in the temperate climate zone of Germany on the Moselle river. The health resort town of Traben-Trarbach offers peace and quiet from noisy everyday life. Local railways and airports enable short journeys from other European countries. The interior design and furnishings of the hotel are based on the principles of Ayurvedic building biology Vaastu, satisfy high European standards and support the regeneration of guests on a European luxury level.
The Ayurveda Parkschlösschen gives great importance to the individual care of the guests, with informative individual discussions and group lectures on all topics of Ayurveda. The cooking workshop in the teaching kitchen, personalized nutritional advice and detailed after-cure instructions give guests plenty of tips for their time at home.
All of this makes the Ayurveda Parkschlösschen your most exclusive Ayurveda cosmos in Europe!