A breathing exercise for cooling on warm summer days
Chandra Bhedan: Chandra (moon) stands for the moon energy that regulates the left side of the body. The Chandra Bhedan breathing technique is intended to activate the moon energy to cool and relax body and mind. In Ayurveda, this exercise is also used to reduce excessive Pitta.
- Assume an upright sitting position with your back straight and shoulders relaxed.
- Place the index and middle fingers of the right hand between the eyebrows. Bring the thumb to the right nostril and the ring finger to the left nostril. The elbow is raised. Keep your head centred and upright.
- Close the right nostril with your thumb.
- Inhale through the left nostril.
- Close the left nostril with your ring finger.
- Open right and exhale through the right nostril.
- This is one round. Do up to 20 repetitions.
Wishing you a refreshing summer 😊